Blackburn YMCA was established in 1896 and is part of the Global YMCA movement.
Our current work at Blackburn YMCA includes:
- A dispersed housing project for young people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, in the Pendle, Hyndburn, Blackburn with Darwen & Ribble Valley areas.
- Accommodation and support for care leavers.
- Work with children with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Working with our partners 'RV Projects' to create volunteering opportunities in Europe for young people accessing our services.
- A Refugee and Asylum Seeker Project.
Example of our work
Watch BBC Breakfast interview with Max, a 19 year old from YMCA Blackburn, who discussed his personal experiences of homelessness at 16 and how the YMCA has helped him to start living independently.