YMCA Sleep Easy
Help raise vital funds to support our work by taking part in the YMCA Sleep Easy on Saturday 1 March 2014 at the YMCA shop, 39 Market Street, Colne, BB8 0LJ. For more details and to sign up, please visit our registration page.
For more details about the Sleep Easy campaign, please visit the YMCA England website.
Blackburn YMCA was established in 1896 and is part of the Global YMCA movement.
Our current work at Blackburn YMCA includes:
- A dispersed housing project for young people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, in the Pendle, Hyndburn, Blackburn with Darwen & Ribble Valley areas.
- Accommodation and support for care leavers.
- Work with children with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Working with our partners 'RV Projects' to create volunteering opportunities in Europe for young people accessing our services.
- A Refugee and Asylum Seeker Project.
Example of our work
Watch BBC Breakfast interview with Max, a 19 year old from YMCA Blackburn, who discussed his personal experiences of homelessness at 16 and how the YMCA has helped him to start living independently.